The Art of Lauren Partington

July 19, 2011

Classical Animation vs. Stop Mo & RWF / December 2010

In third year, first semester, we have a sketchbook assignment that compares classical approaches to animation to stop motion. My favorite was the differences in textures. I did a quick sketch based off of the lovely Daphne Guinness (who has become my muse when working on fashion illustrations). The left is a simplified character that works within the realms of classical animation, and on the right a puppet for stop motion, allowing the outfit to become as detailed as desired (which is one of the many aspects I enjoy about stop mo). Anyway, it was nice to have to chance to include some fashion related work within an animation assignment, as the opportunity rarely presents itself. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

A spontaneous edit -

I decided to include some of my Royal Winter Fair sketches from first semester since this post is related to school work.


No comments: