The Art of Lauren Partington

November 21, 2012

Mood Boards and Concept Sketches

Although I changed my story in the fifth week, the design style remained the same and I also carried over one of the characters.

Below are my mood boards and the first concept sketches of my original characters, Left and Right (contrasting characters).
My "Left" and "Right" characters were a take on the different sides of the brain and a little good vs. evil.  Very cliche, one of the many reasons I changed the story.

Anyone who knows me knows I adore couture because it's where art and fashion collide and correspond with one another.  It's beautiful to look at and every piece tells a story.  McQueen's work is more art than clothing; his work is absolutely incredible.
I am also huge on masks, which is directly reflected in my film.











No comments: